Sunday, April 18, 2010

Interview with Jon Scheyer


Jon Scheyer is one of the best players in Duke history. This year his Blue Devils beat Butler to win the National Championship. Here is our interview from the Jewish Hall of Fame:

BW: What made you decide to go to Duke?
JS: I would say many things played into going to Duke, one of them would be Coach K, being able to play in Cameron and their stadium, and I knew the players I would play with so it was exciting.

BW: What was going through your head when Gordon Heyward threw up the last shot in the National Championship game?
JS: I was a little nervous. I didn't think it was going in, but there's always that small doubt. Basically it changes whether or not you win the National Championship, but I was happy when it didn't go in.
BW: What was it like being a part of the North Carolina-Duke rivalry?
JS: Well it's the best rivalry in all of sports to me and one of the reasons that makes me feel that way is that you're five minutes apart, not a couple of hours, five minutes from each other.

BW: Who was your toughest defender?
JS: Toney Douglas was one of the toughest. He was a really tough guard and he is with the Knicks right now.

BW: Who is your idol and why?
JS: A couple of guys at Duke. Two that stand out are Shane Battier and JJ Redick. Just the way they present themselves how they competed and especially the way Shane was a great leader.

BW: What are your goals for the NBA?
JS: I want to get on a good team. I want to win and I want to be successful. I want to contribute.

Check in for new interviews for the next six days all at 8:09 AM Eastern Time.

No comments: