Friday, June 13, 2008

Interview with Dr. Mike Marshall


Mike Marshall (born January 15 ,1943 in Adrian, Michigan) is a retired
Major League Baseball pitcher.
He played 14 seasons (1967-1981, excluding 1968) for nine different teams.
Marshall won the 1974 National League Cy Young Award as part of the
Los Angeles Dodgers.

Q: What would you say to a young athlete about becoming great?
A: Whatever the sport, to become the best that they can be, athletes
must understand the science behind the skills critical for success.



Q: How did you get started in baseball?
A: While I played baseball as a youngster, I got started in baseball
when I took a Kinesiology course and learned the science behind the
skills of baseball.


Q: What are the keys to success?
A: The more that athletes understand the scientific reasons for why
they succeed, the more that they can succeed.

Q: Who was your best opponent?
A: Athletes should always work to become better tomorrow than they are
today, which means that they compete against themselves.

Q: Who was your idol?
A: Isaac Newton.

Q: What is your most memorable baseball moment?
A: Every time that I stood on a major league baseball pitching mound.

Q: How did it feel being the best pitcher in the National League at a time?
A: I felt that, had I known more, I could have been better.

No comments: