Friday, June 11, 2010

Interview with Gaylord Perry


Are you excited for the next Hall of Famer interview? Well The King of Sports Blog presents this interview with Gaylord Perry. He won 314 games in 22 seasons. Here is our interview:

BW: What was the hardest part of being a Major League player?

GP: Winning was the toughest part.

BW: Who was your idol and why?

GP: I didn’t really have one guy. Great friends like Juan Marichal and Willie Mays.

BW: What current pitcher are you most like?

GP: I don’t think I was like any other.

BW: What was the best opportunity that came up for you due to the fact you were a star pitcher?

GP: Opens some doors for you, to meet nice people, and travel.

BW: What were your goals as a kid in the majors?

GP: Try to get years in so you could get a good pension.

BW: What would you be if you weren’t a major leaguer?

GP: I didn’t think about anything else.

BW: What is worst for the current game: high salaries or steroids?

GP: I don’t think theres any bad parts. The game is all good. It gets better every year. I like the current game.

No comments: